COVID-19 JULY 2020 UPDATE:
For the most up to date information follow us on Facebook if you click HERE you will be directed to our Facebook page.
OUR DOORS ARE OPEN! State gathering restrictions and guidelines will now allow us to resume normal service time. On Sunday JULY 12 we will resume our normal 10am service time.
Church service will look slightly different for the time being. The following are changes you can expect to find, at least for the next couple of months as we find balance again:
1. We are only holding service on Sunday. There will be no other mid week services until Labor Day.
2. We are be cleaning and sanitizing the facility between services. We will be adding several wall mounted hand sanitizers for your use through out the church.
3. The front door will be opened for you.
4. We are suspending the meet & greet time of handshakes / hugs until further notice.
5. We are not be passing an offering plate. The plates will be positioned on the communion table, in front of the lectern, for your offering.
6. We are practice social distancing of 6 feet with people outside of your immediate household.
7. If you are more comfortable wearing a face mask, we encourage you to do so.
8. We ask that if you are sick, or have been around someone who has been within the last 2 weeks, please be considerate of the health of others and worship with us online.
9. Children’s church will be suspended until the fall. We welcome children in the main service as we will have worksheets to help direct them during the time until Jr. Church restarts.
We are also still producing sermons during this time. There are a couple of ways to access them:
1) You can follow the links we post on Facebook.
2) You can follow this direct link HERE to where we post our sermons.
3) You can look us up on any major podcast app as “Lapeer Christian Church”.
We are taking precautions to responsibly reopen our church, but even with these actions we cannot guarantee that you will not contract the virus at church. We urge you to use your own discretion whether to attend in person services or not. We will still offer the messages remotely for the foreseeable future. If you do decide to attend please respect the health of other by observing the measures listed above to keep our gatherings as safe as possible.