Our church was founded March 27,1832 in the town of Virgil. On May 2, 1945 Lapeer was formed from the Town of Virgil and was then called Lapeer Christian Church. Like many small churches, Lapeer went through its share of difficult times over the years but due to their faith and desire to serve both God and community they have continued to remain in the center of the Lapeer community.
On September 11, 1945 the church and its adjacent hall were destroyed by fire. Not willing to give up, in Oct 1949 construction on a new building was started. On August 29, 1954 the new building was dedicated.
In September 1999 the church became affiliated with Village Missions and continues that relationship to the present day. During this time a new addition is underway to provide adequate and assessable facilities in order that all may be able to visit and worship here without hindrance. Our motto continues to be, all are welcome to enter our doors.
In 2014 our church had the ability to start a remodel and expansion project. For a full picture timeline on this amazing project, go HERE.